Cole County home will have to be demolished due to fire

A Cole County home will have to be demolished after a kitchen fire causes heavy damage.

Fire crews were called to the 4800 block of Angelia Court around 8:00 last night, and found heavy smoke coming from the structure.  All the residents were out of the house, but they told firefighters one dog and two cats were still inside.

Firefighters quickly knocked the fire down and found all three pets, alive. 

Investigators say the fire started around the stove.  The kitchen suffered heavy fire damage and there was smoke damage throughout the home.