Three Missouri men have been hospitalized after being exposed to carbon monoxide at the Moberly airport hangar.

The call came in Tuesday morning from Omar Bradley Airport hangar located at 3600 E Outer Road.

The Moberly Monitor-Index reports two aviator mechanics, both from the St. Louis-area, were working in the hangar when they were exposed. They're currently being treated at a Columbia hospital.

Meanwhile, a third man, from Huntsville, also later fell unconscious and was hospitalized.

Moberly Police Chief Troy Link told the Moberly Monitor-Index the presence of the gas was likely due to a malfunctioning heater.