Space heater likely cause of destructive house fire in Camden Co

House was located on Wolf Pen Hollow Road, off north Highway 7.

Photo courtesy of Mid-County Fire Protection District

A space heater is the likely cause of a house fire in Camden County.

The Mid-County Fire Protection District was called to a single-story home just north of Greenview, Friday morning, just after 7 o’clock.  By the time crews arrived, flames were showing from at least 50-percent of the home.

The lone occupant was able to escape but a dog died in the fire. 

Officials say the home suffered severe fire damage. 

Although the cause remains under investigation, officials say an electric space heater is the probable cause.