Unattended burning causes grass fire in Audrain County

Unattended burning causes a grass fire in Audrain County.

The Mexico Department of Public Safety says they were called to a natural cover fire in the 600 block of Mars Street around 2:30 Wednesday afternoon.  When officers arrived, they learned that the landowner was burning a large brush pile, left it unattended, and the fire spread through an open field toward some houses.  The fire was contained after it had spread about 150 feet.  There were no injuries or damage to personal property.