UPDATE: The Cooper County Fire Protection District says the cause of the fire appears to be unattended cooking. The District says the homeowner was cooking crab rangoon when one of her dogs ran outside. She chased after him, then started caring for her other dogs, forgetting that the stove was on.
A Cooper County woman is displaced after a fire breaks out at her home, about ten miles east of Boonville.
The Cooper County Fire Protection District says crews were called to a residential structure fire in the 23000 block of Highway 98 around 6:00 last night. Crews had the fire under control by 7:30, but the interior of the home was a total loss. The woman who lived there was not hurt, but will be staying with family and friends.
The homeowner helps rescue puppies for an organization known as Mo Wiggle Butts Resue, and one puppy, “Biggie,” was lost. Fire fighters found him hiding under the couch, gave him some oxygen, and returned him to the homeowner.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.